Friday, May 16, 2014

Whispered Lace Meets Delft China – Blogger’s Quilt Festival

Welcome intrepid travelers from Amy’s Blogger’s Quilt Festival,  my awesome followers, and welcome guests to Queenie’s wee corner of the internet. Here is my submission to this season's Blogger's Quilt Festival… (For close up views of any image just click on the photo.)
I call this beauty, “Whispered Lace Meets Delft China”
When Amy first revealed this beautiful quilt pattern I totally fell in love and knew I had to put it on the to-do list.
Queenie decided to challenge herself and limit the color pallet to cool neutrals… 
Of the beige, blue and grey variety…
That really reminded me of beautiful Delft china.
With Delft china in mind, I decided an edge to edge floral pattern of quilting would be a pleasing complement.
This is the first king sized quilt I’ve quilted on my Innova quilting machine named Sir Owen.
And, of course, it was a smooth sailing hand guiding Sir Owen through the quilting.
Another first, was printing my quilt label on the computer. Queenie's quite pleased with the result!
Last month I showed and telled at the Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild to many Ooos and Ahhhs.
Most important of all...
It’s gotten the Honey Man seal of approval <3
Quilt stats…
Size: 96” x 96”
Batting: Quilter’s Dream Wool
Fabric: An array from Queenie’s stash
Quilting Thread: Glide
To see a myriad of amazing quilts head on over the festival here.
While you’re there *insert shameless self promotion* :o) ... 
Don’t forget to vote for me in the large quilt category here from May 24-29, 2014
And... there is voting for Viewer’s Choice here from May 16-23, 2014

 
Thanks for stopping by and staying awhile!
Until Next time…
Have a great day,
post signature

12 comments:

Kat said...

Really pretty! I love the soft color palette.

Cille said...

I love this quilt... It's next on my list to make too and already pulled the fabrics. It's a great color palette .

The Nifty Stitcher said...

Beautiful quilt Queenie. I love the colours and you have done a fantastic job with the quilting. Good luck in the festival :)

CitricSugar said...

Absolutely beautiful - I think that pattern is gorgeous and you've done a lovely job of it!

Jennifer Michelle said...

Your quilt is beautiful! Definitely going to have to go vote vote vote!

Alison V. said...

Gorgeous!

scraphappy said...

Such a soft and beautiful color palate. Looks like your quilt was a big hit.

Wendy said...

what a beautiful quilt. such a lovely pattern and wonderful quilting

Ivory Spring said...

Queenie,

Your quilt is simply AWESOME. And colors just made me melt!

Thanks for stopping by to visit. I hope you are having a great summer.

Anonymous said...

Queenie, it's good to see you're still in blogland, AND joining Vanessa's tea party.
Your quilts are as beautiful as ever.
Much love,
Marcia (previously at The Shop Around the Corner)

Carole Reid said...

Oh my, Queenie! I LOVE this quilt (the pattern, the palette, and that Sir Owen served you so well)! A king! That's huge! I'm gobsmacked!

cantonlace said...

The detail in the lace is gorgeous too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...