Friday, June 14, 2013

Congratulations B the Brave and Tammy

On Sunday Queenie’s brother, B the Brave and his lovely wife Tammy had their beautiful baby boy.  He is the third to bare his father and grandfather’s name. While still a babe and perhaps beyond we call him B3.
His appearance onto the world’s stage was a bit early yet he is coming along brilliantly, bypassing all expectations. He is his own wee self.
It was my full intention get this quilt to B3 before his arrival. Alas, he had other plans.  As it stands, it arrived in Alaska today, so Queenie’s only a couple days late :o)
As you may recall, this is the quilt that was on my Innova quilting machine a couple of posts ago.  The quilt pattern is from Jaybird Quilts and the majority of fabrics are Henry Glass's Two by Two fabric line. I love all the visual movement.  Queenie thought it would also work well for the driving on of toy cars at the toddler stage in addition to the wrapping up and snuggling in as a babe in Alaska.
The back is a wonderful Noah’s ark scene full of animals brimming with personality. Just the visual to spark little boy imaginations.  For flights of creative imagining runs full tilt in the family.

Until next time…
Have a great day!

post signature

7 comments:

Ivory Spring said...

Beautiful! What a clever idea to use a panel print for the backing.

Rachel said...

Congratulations Queenie and family!

The quilt is beautiful, I imagine that will be a treasured heirloom.

Jennifer Michelle said...

Congratulations to your beautiful family. What a delightful new arrival ;) and a delightful gift for a child that will be treasured for years.

My Grama's Soul said...

Oh Queennie......I'm afraid I have not been a very faithful blogger as of late....but just wanted to pop in and see what you are up to. I'm not sure I knew you were a quilter...but it does appear so. Scrolled down to those quilt ideas from the Queen Mother.....they are fabulous.

xo

Jo

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Si happy baby is safe and sound and healthy and happy, and above all, loved.

OH MY that quilt!!

I am quilt obsessed.

But it's way over my head me thinks.

I'll stick to glueing papers together for now ;)

But in my dreams, I am a quilter extraordinaire!!! ;)

xoxo

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Si = So :)

A Magical Whimsy said...

Congratulations! To you and to your brother and wife Tammy. Such a wee dear babe. Glad B3 is doing well.
The quilt is gorgeous! You are so amazing with your quilts.
hugs,
Teresa in California
http://amagcialwhimsy.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...